Celebrate Recovery Inside (CRI) is the prison and jail extension of the Celebrate Recovery® Ministry. CR focuses on the whole person from the inside out. VanChurch partners with the Clark County Jail and Department of Corrections to bring CRI to inmates where they are.
CRI provides a natural transition back to the community from the institution since there are churches that have Celebrate Recovery in many communities. Additionally, there is an opportunity for the family of the incarcerated person to receive help as they become involved in Celebrate Recovery® at the local level during their loved one’s incarceration.
By working though the principles, participants grow spiritually, and are freed from their hurts, hang-ups, and addictive habits. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with others and the personal, loving and forgiving Higher Power, Jesus Christ.
Please contact the Ministry Leader for more information.
To ensure that Celebrate Recovery is a safe place, the following 5 Group Guidelines are followed in all small groups:
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
- There is NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in conversation excluding all others. Each person is free to express his or her feelings without interruptions.
- We are here to support one another, not "fix" another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.